6.18.2011

Fact: It is {not} Friday {anymore}

I'm a slacker.

One of my most favoritest bloggers in the blogosphere is BECKY .  Not only is she the funniest person I've ever (not) met but she has adorable twin boys just a smidgen younger than my adorable twin boys.  And let's face it, when you have twins you have to find the humor in it. 

So, when she came up with the idea to devote Friday's to posting about yourself I thought it was a great idea.  Not just because I want her to read my blog (which I really, really do!!) but what's a "mom-blog" without the mom?!?

Aaaanywho...it was supposed to be on Friday and I'm fully aware it's Saturday and if I don't hurry up it will be Sunday, but better late than never, right?  So here it goes.

I grew up in Montana.
Like legit dirt road, rural Montana.  My address at one point was "rural route 1" or something like that.  When I was a kid we had a party line.  And not the fun kind.  The kind where you share your phone with some folks 5 miles down the road and only one of you can use it at a time.
And cable?  yaaaa, right!  My parents STILL don't have cable.
We ordered our school clothes from the Sears catalog and picked them up like a month later in the back of the Maytag repair shop in the next town over.
My mom taught me how to drive when I was about 12 years old, on the back roads in our Plymouth Reliant station wagon.
We grew a huge garden and butchered our own chickens.  I am still, to this day TERRIFIED of chickens.
Things got more "modern" as I got older but I have absolutely no knowledge of 80's pop culture, seriously none.  The only movies I remember going to until I was far into my teenage years were ET and The Land Before Time.  The only cassettes I had were Tiffany and Jefferson Starship and I played.them.out!
However, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  You learn life lessons in the country that you can't learn anywhere else.  And although I have never watched The Goonies or played Pac-Man I bet I'm the only one of my friends who has seen their dad deliver a baby cow.

p.s.  I know that 98% of the people who read this already know but geesh I trying to make new friends people!
p.p.s. (or is it p.s.s??) You can check out her Fact, which happens to be a hilarious post about how hilarious she is.

HERE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...