6.19.2011

It's pronounced are-sil-ee-us

And no it's not Greek. 
No he's not named after someone. 
And no it has no particular meaning.

He is my husband and I'd say the daddy of all Fathers.  This day may have been made just for him.

It would be easy for me to talk about how he changes diapers or cleans out the dishwasher but I want to talk about something else. 

How being a father comes so naturally to him.
How it's ingrained into his very being. 
It is just part of who he his. 

When I met him he was a single father, and I was a single mother.  No big deal.  Except it IS a big deal because there are a million single mothers and only a handful of single fathers. 
And know what?  It was no big deal to him.  That is just who he is.

And then there I was...pushing 30 and carrying baggage.  You see...I had a son with no father and the weight of the world on his shoulders.  He didn't jump in and start demanding things.
He just was there...there to be whoever, whatever Elijah needed.  And Elijah needed a father.
And know what? It was no big deal to him.  Because that is just who he is.

Now the babies are here and we have a house full of boys.  I am told alot how lucky I am...lucky to have a husband who is so helpful, so involved and works so hard.  And I am.  But the lucky one's around here are the boys who get to have a father that teaches them by example how to become men and fathers and husbands.

The legacy that a father passes to his children is the true measure of a man.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...