7.14.2011

oh how time flies...

It was one year ago today that we got the news that rocked our world...we were having TWINS!



I remember it like it was yesterday.  I was 9 weeks pregnant, the Dr. quickly found the first baby and it's heartbeat and then he grew quiet.  He studied the screen and I heard him say "you have monozygotic twins" "...mono whaa...whoooo???",I said (I swear I thought he was telling me I had conjoined twins)  "identical twins" he replied. 
We just laughed. 
I think he was more in shock than we were.  The chance of identical twins from a single embryo transfer is about 1%. 
As Arcelious drove me back to work we just laughed.  What else could we do?  The shock quickly turned to excitement and before we knew it the thought of just one baby sounded almost boring. 

Nothing could have prepared us for what was ahead...a perfect pregnancy turned difficult, near daily trips to the hospital for monitoring, a nail biter delivery and a NICU stay. 

And two tiny perfect baby boys.



Oh what a difference a year makes...





I can only imagine what the next year holds.



2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow, what an eventful year you've had :) And your two twins are just beautiful! #commenthour

Elian Tyson said...

Congrats on being selected for #CommentHour. I'm a little behind in my comments :-(

Your twins are beautiful. I can't imagine the extra work. But I guess you get used to it.

Your blog looks great. I really like your header. Hope to see you later this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...