6.09.2011

the miracle of science and socks...

I'll get to the socks in a minute.

First...science.

A year ago today was the egg retrieval for our IVF, and it's simply amazing how this:

yes people, that's one embryo!  that's the twins before they became twins!
(taken 5 days later right, before the transfer)

In just one short year became this:



Science Rocks!

There is something very wrong with this picture...
(besides my lack of a pedicure)


I have these socks...what's so special about these socks you ask? 
I wore them for every appointment from the surgery to have my broken down tubes removed until the babies were born, right under those hospital issue slipper socks. 
I mean every.single.appointment.
the retrieval.
the transfer.
every OB appointment.
every ultrasound.
every trip to the hospital. 

I kept them in my purse my entire pregnancy just in case something happened and I had to go to the hospital unexpectedly.

And now one is missing.

I kinda feel like it's God's way of telling me it's ok, relax and enjoy your babies the hard part is over...you made it.

But I'm gonna keep looking...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You almost made me cry!

Lynnae said...

This brought tears to my eyes.. A very cool story and I think you need to frame the sock :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...